A GIRL'S JOURNEY ...

this is my journey through the second half of my life,

and the friends and family that share

this journey with me .....


Tuesday, March 09, 2010

FABULOUS FOOD

To me one of the most wonderful memories of being on holiday are the wonderful photos that you take and then when you look back at these photos it instantly brings you holiday back to life.... so i enjoy looking back on the wonderful places we have been and seen... BUT... i also love to remember the places and wonderful FOOD that we have eaten on our travels..... yes you heard right... FOOD, so i thought i would share some of the gastronomic delights that we partook of on our travels around Tassie!!!

so if you are on a diet...... DONT LOOK!!!!

This was our dessert our first night at Rydges in Hobart, we ate at the Hotel Restaurant and this was the 'shared dessert plate for 2"



In Launceston we had dinner at ""Hallam's Seafood"" I had "Crayfish Thermidor" and a wonderful "cold chocolate souffle"



This was our lunch at "Peppermint Bay" (mine was the magnificent Burger!!)



After our walk to the magnificent ""Cataract Gorge"" we wandered past an "Old Mill" that sold gourmet food, so we bought some and headed back to our room and sat outside on the wonderful wrought iron chair and table setting and ate lunch!! then later we headed into town and found a Chocolate Coffee Shop for afternoon tea!!!



Hope you enjoyed these pics, and YES i did put on just the tiniest bit of extra weight... but..... IT WAS SURE WORTH IT!!!!!

cheers , Noriel

7 comments:

ann said...

You said they were photos with a difference LO
You and food my friend when you come we will have to have High Tea somewhere.

Terri said...

Oh I'd love to go on a food holiday with you Noriel.....it all looks so yum! Beautifully presented

scrappin' girl said...

""we will have to have High Tea somewhere.""

sure sounds good to me, my friend!!!

THANKS Terri!!!!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh that looks so good, I wanna come to High Tea with you lol, does that mean we wear Laura Ashley type dresses, hats and gloves I think I have to go shopping lol....Oh and I'll have to get a new handbag too.....

maree said...

Yummo, Noriel.. All this food looks so scrumptious..
I would LOVE to go to the Windsor for high tea

scrappin' girl said...

I have been to the Windsor for High Tea and it is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!

Judi said...

Yummo - now I want to go back to Tassie more than ever